Sunday, September 07, 2008

Lewis Ginter..


This afternoon I went to Lewis Ginter Botantical Gardens with my sister-in-law. I hadn't been in a while and they had recently planted a new rose garden with hundreds of varieties of roses. One of the donors of the rose gardens is an artist and some of her work was hung in the library.
The rose garden was beautiful and there are still so many things in bloom. This is where I take most of my photographs of flowers. In Spring I think the tulips are my favorite, then the peonies bloom and they are my favorite, and then the hydrangeas. You see where this is going, right? I just love them. And, they have a terrific Children's Garden with a huge treehouse and sprinklers on hot days.
I really love the garden during the Holidays with the million lights. That may be my very favorite.
Take a peek at lewisginter.org. It's worth the trip.

No comments: