Thursday, September 04, 2008

Forgiveness....

Years ago I taught a Sunday School class of 6 and 7 year olds. My daughter was in the class, but I don't know if she even remembers it. One Sunday morning the topic of the class was "forgiveness", especially God's forgiveness. I opened the class with the question
"who knows what to forgive means" . One little boy raised his hand and said "it means letting go". It almost brought tears to my eyes that morning as it does now just remembering it. After church that day I found his mother and told her what he had said in class. She just smiled and nodded her head and told me he had been in therapy for several years because he had been sexually molested by his grandfather and he was working on forgiving. The mom of course was having a harder time forgiving than the little boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a story. I could understand the mother having more of a problem. Beautiful photo.