
This is Erma.
One Saturday morning 16 years ago my daughter said
"we have to go today. We have to go to the pound today because Erma will be there." Who is Erma and how do you know she will be there today, I asked. She had a vision, a dream that night that Erma (an already namedblack and white kitten) would be at the SPCA that morning waiting for us. So, I said OK and we took off for the SPCA. There were so many kittens I remember. Gray ones, orange ones, striped ones. But only one black and white one. My daughter immediately went to her cage and said Hi Erma, you're coming home with us. I thought we should at least look at all the kittens, but it didn't matter how many we saw, Erma was coming home with us.
"we have to go today. We have to go to the pound today because Erma will be there." Who is Erma and how do you know she will be there today, I asked. She had a vision, a dream that night that Erma (an already namedblack and white kitten) would be at the SPCA that morning waiting for us. So, I said OK and we took off for the SPCA. There were so many kittens I remember. Gray ones, orange ones, striped ones. But only one black and white one. My daughter immediately went to her cage and said Hi Erma, you're coming home with us. I thought we should at least look at all the kittens, but it didn't matter how many we saw, Erma was coming home with us.
And, with us or at least me, is where she's been since that day. She had a long happy life and I know she's ready for a well deserved rest. Remember - All Dogs (and Cats) Go to Heaven.
Goodbye Erma...rest in peace. We love you.
1 comment:
So sad. She was a great kitty. Good bye, Erma.
Post a Comment