Two weeks ago today I had my first interview (and so far only). It was with a good company, I looked good, presented well, had all the answers and knew the job was for me. When I walked out I felt confident that I had done by very best and could be offered the job. The fellow I interviewed with said he would make a decision in a week or so and I, in my mind, was giving it til Monday before I figured it wasn't going to be me. Well, I'm guessing it's not going to be me, but it would be nice to get a phone call or a letter or even an email telling me that another candidate had been chosen. Not so in today's world. You have to wait until you are dead certain someone else is working in the office you could have had.
I did receive an email this morning from a company I had sent my unsolicited resume to letting me know that currently they had no positions available. Now, that was nice. I don't have to wonder about them anymore...you know, did they get the resume, did it look ok, blah blah blah. That's the way to conduct business.
Tonight I go to dinner at my friend's house and watch Dancing with Stars and hopefully catch up on Survivor. We can't help it, we're addicted. I understand we're having roasted chicken and a surprise for dinner, so I'm looking forward to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hope you get an interview soon. tell us about it when you do.
Post a Comment