Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Big Bailout

First there was the Wall St. bailout, then the Main St. bailout, now the auto industry bailout. Well, how about My Bailout. I think I speak for millions of us who get up everyday and go to work (thank God) and try to do the right thing. We pay our mortgages and car payments and credit card bills on time, we pay our share of taxes and then some. But all these billions of dollars are not going to help me or people like me if our little company goes under. Who is going to say here is your share of the bailout money? We want your company to succeed.

The owners were talking this morning, and if we don't get just a little more business I honestly don't know where we'll be this time next month. And, to tell you the truth I don't think I can go through this again. In two months I will be 60 years old. Who in their right mind would hire a 60 year old woman. I don't believe I have the emotional, physical or financial strength to start over one more time. I just don't have the heart for it. I know it would mean I could file for foreclosure and bankruptcy all in the same day.

I'm not ordinarily a complainer, but everyday on the news they talk more money than I can even imagine and I wonder when and if some of that will filter down to those of us who really need it to survive. Tonight my prayer will be for the strength to know that God will get me through this as always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. It's enough already. I'm saying a prayer.