Monday, October 06, 2008

Election...

It seems to me that this campaign has taken on a life of it's own. I'm so amazed that almost everyone is so certain that his/her candidate is going to save our country's economy, social security, insurance, jobs, housing, taxes, and on and on. I wish that it was so easy. I go on faith every day of my life and have for many years now. Faith that if I wake up in the morning I have a new chance for a new day. I look back on my last 20 years and realize without that faith I would have given up many times. Jobs were lost, money was all but gone. It's funny though, everytime I thought about where was the money going to come from to pay bills or buy food, something unexpected would happen, and I knew I was going to be taken care of.

The point of this, if you're wondering, is we are going through tough times now and they no doubt will continue for a while. I believe we will make it through and become stronger people if we have a little faith. Faith in God, faith in our Country and its leaders, but more importantly faith in ourselves that we can get through this and come out on the other side wiser, maybe poorer, but definitely wiser.

Now to the election. I've decided that because the rest of the nation is so sure; I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm going to allow all of you to choose my President for me. I'll go to the polls and vote all the other candidates and issues we have in our state, but leave the big one for my fellows Americans. And, I promise not to complain. (too much anyway)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No,no,no. You're one of the ones who really should vote. You have a lot at stake, and you're intelligent, and Virginia is a battleground state. Please vote.

Anonymous said...

Forget it. I take all that back. You're probably right.

Anonymous said...

Is that what we call waffling?