Friday after work I picked up JJ, one of my grandsons, then we picked up Jacob at his after school place. From there we went to my house so I could change clothes and walk the dog. While I was getting ready the two of them played a while. Then we went to Wendy's, grabbed dinner to go and off to Deep Run Park where we ate our chicken nuggets and gulped down the chocolate milk. Afterwards we walked around the lake, said hello to a few dogs, and played on the playground til almost dark and the park was getting ready to close. Then it's off to Jacob's house for their first sleepover. JJ's mom and dad had just had a new baby which now makes 3 boys in the house.
The boys are so funny together. They don't see each other very often but boy when the do, they make the most of it. The are so different, and yet because they are both boys and five-year olds they are also very similar. I forgot what it was like to have everything you do a competition. First to the car, first to buckle up, first one out of the car, first one to the house, first one to finish dinner, and on and on and on.
Anyway, we got to Jacob's house, fixed the beds, got pj's on and watched a movie. Bedtime is where it got interesting. Jacob's mom had put a mattress on the floor beside Jacobs' bed for JJ. They went to bed, but before long one comes out and says "I'm scared" followed by you guessed it the second one, "I'm scared too". So, I thought ok JJ sleep with Jacob in his big bed, that should take care of it. Oh no, too close, too easy to get in trouble. So, back to separate beds and the final warning of "don't make me come in there again", and finally asleep.
Saturday morning they got up and went to the fair. I stayed at my house and did my normal Saturday routine, but they called in the afternoon and asked if JJ could stay at my house Sat. night with Jacob. Oh why not. So, that's what they did. I think it was a great first sleepover. I told Jacob's mom it would be the perfect thing for them to do again in a few weeks when mamaw is out of town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like fun and exhausting too.
Post a Comment