Friday, April 07, 2006

What's going on...

Hello. Just in case you've been wondering where I've been and what I've been doing. Well, here goes. i'm still job searching, have had a couple of interviews and one phone interview that was going to lead to a face-to-face, but then I got a letter from the company saying they changed their minds about hiring at all.

So, anyway Monday night my brother calls and asks if I will take his daughter, my niece, out for driving lessons every morning and then drop her off where she works (Applebee's). Jamie is 21 and has a learning disability which makes this kind of activitiy very difficult for her. So, we started out on Tuesday morning driving through some quiet neighborhoods so she's not too scared. Not to mention the teacher. Driving up and down the streets was easy for her, but she would get a little nervous going from one subdivision to another, so after going down the wrong side of the road I figured we needed a little work on that part. The only other time I slammed on "brakes" was a stoplight. It was yellow. Jamie was going, not going, going, oh no we're not going. The next day we worked on that too. I hasn't been too bad for me, and I'm getting paid.

Now about that unemployment thing. I would say this to every employer (if any read this) that if your website provides a heading with employment or careers for prospective employees to provide their resumes, then at least have the courtesy to send a reply when you receive one. People are out there looking for jobs and the internet is a major avenue for finding businesses and getting your name out there. So at least let us know you received the blasted resume and just don't have anything at the moment. I have an entire list of companies in this area who just don't seem to get it.

1 comment:

Annie said...

boy, a lot of water under the bridge since this post. thank goodness you found a great job.